Support the ACCURSED: WORLD OF MORDEN Kickstarter!


A while back, I received an email from John Dunn (head honcho at Melior Via) asking me if I would be interested I writing for Accursed, their Savage Worlds setting of Gothic action-adventure. Given that I practically wrote a fan supplement already, I immediately and enthusiastically said "yes."

Just a day ago, Melior Via launched the Kickstarter for Accursed: World of Morden, a series of setting books to expand the tantalizingly brief world-building material found in the Accursed core book. I've already read Frost and Fang, the first book in the series, and I can tell you that the new setting material is informative without being encyclopedic, expansive without being intrusive. There's great new Edges and evocative Hindrances for players and wickedly awesome new Banes for Game Masters. The only complaint I ever had with Accursed was difficulty getting a real sense of the world, and the Accursed: World of Morden series will fix that very quickly. 

My assignment, should the Kickstarter meet its stretch goals, is to expand the Outlands, the big half-circle in the upper right-hand corner of the map. It's underdeveloped compared to the rest of the setting, and I'm humbled that Ross Watson and John Dunn trust a relatively inexperienced writer like myself to add to their world. I've been given a surprising amount of leeway and I intend to use that to make the Outlands an exciting, intriguing part of Accursed

The Kickstarter hit its basic goal within 24 hours. The first stretch goal is Science and Sea, covering the "clockpunk Italy" nation of Manreia and the pirate-haunted Discordian Sea. (Personally, that's the part of the world I'd love to play in, so I've pledged just to help make sure that gets published. Yay, pirates!) The second and final stretch goal is where Bone and Barrow -- my section of the project -- gets funded, so help a brother out and chip in! Please! I promise to make it worth your while.

(Just keep some money handy for the Olympus, Inc. Kickstarter too.)

Comments

Popular Posts