Dreams of Avarice

It's a weird, misty Monday morning here in San Antonio and I feel caught in a strange, dreamy haze.  I find myself caught up in fantasies of wealth, dreams of avarice...

WHen I fantasize about finally getting The King is Dead published, there are two artists I dream about using for the cover and interiors.  The one more familiar to the gaming public is the ubiquitous Wayne Reynolds, pernnial Paizo cover artist.  It's not just that he's popular and getting a cover by him would kind of scream "This is a real RPG!," I genuinely like his art.  It's got this chunk, kinetic, over-the-top-but-lived-in quality -- plus he's got some experience with both Gothic settings and tricorne hats through his contributions to Magic: The Gathering's Innistrad and Green Ronin's Freeport lines.

And he already has practice with multi-shot crossbows...
The other artists I dream about is hard-working comic book artist Francesco Francavilla.   Sometimes I'm not sure if I really love his art or if I just really love his appreciation of the pulps, but there's something about his sketchy yet dynamic work that just pulls me in.  I would assume that somebody working for DC and Marvel would be way out of my price range, but he recently began advertising an original art sale on his Tumblr and the prices are only in the hundreds... Hm...

And Francesco actually has direct experience with tricorne-wearing heroes!
If you were my art director, what would you choose? 


In other mad dreams of wealth, it turns out that Geek Chic, makers of the infamous Sultan gaming table, now offer coffee tables and other smaller items too!

Robin and I spend most of our time gaming at the coffee table on the couch rather than sitting at the dining room table or a dedicated game table.  It would be pretty sweet to have a table like the Rift (pictured to the right) that could hold the gaming goods in a nice, out-of-the-way location and also function as an attractive piece of furniture.  I mean, our currect coffee table can technically do that, but her cat likes to pop open the drawers and sneak inside and the storage space is just kinda messy and under-attractive.  Of course, these are Geek Chic custome pieces, so they are WAY out of my price range.

The same goes for the Keep, one of the most awesome-looking display cases I have ever seen.  I have this vague but persistent dream of replacing all of my bookshelves and knickknack shelves with cases with glass doors.  I don't know if that would actually cut down on the dust or not, but it seems like it would.  Man, I'd love to fill a Keep with Lupin III merchandise...

Unfortunately, I think the only piece I'll be able to afford from Geek Chic for a long time is the Deck Carrier -- and even that cost $90!  Of course, if I had such a nice playing card container, then I'd need to get some nicer playing cards.  One official Savage Worlds action/adventure deck just wouldn't be enough...





Comments

Popular Posts