|St. Nicholas of Myra|
The being known as Nikolaos the Wonderworker may be encountered any time between the late 4th century CE to the 18th century CE. After that point, he transforms into the modern Santa Claus. He is an appropriate encounter for Weird Wars Rome, Pirates of the Spanish Main, The Savage World of Solomon Kane and even 50 Fathoms.
Nikolaos the Wonderworker is the transcendent form of the man known in life as St. Nicholas of Myra. An exceptionally devout and generous thaumaturgist in life, St. Nicholas was transformed at his death into a beneficent undead known as a transcendent being. Literally given new life and new purpose by his faith, Nikolaos the Wonderworker wanders the world, battling demons and bestowing boons.
By the 1600s, Nikolaos’ long centuries of undeath and absorption of the ambient Power Points of thousands of faithful from dozens of cultures has begun to wear on his mind. He has begun to transcend even beyond his initial rebirth, becoming a cross-cultural embodiment of midwinter generosity. Folk beliefs descended from Nordic myths and other cultures have begun to permeate his mind; soon he will be Father Christmas, and soon after that, he will be Santa Claus – and the memory of whom he was in life will be gone.
- Power Points: 35
- Powers: banish, bind spirit, bless/curse, boost/lower trait, detect/conceal arcane, dispel, fear, greater healing, healing, mind reading, quickness, sanctify, speak language, succor, summon spirit, teleport, wall walker
- Transcendent Being (see below): +2 Toughness; +2 to recover from being Shaken; no additional damage from Called Shots; immune to disease and poison; does not suffer wound penalties.
- +2 Toughness
- +2 to recover from being Shaken
- No additional damage from called shots
- Immune to aging, disease, and poison.
- Does not suffer wound penalties.